Followers

Friday, September 7, 2007

First Days of School!

I've been in amazement for months now that my oldest is starting high school and my youngest is starting kindergarten - though our Montessori school calls it the "After Nooner" The first two years you are picked up at Noon, then your third or fourth year you stay for the afternoon.

As I was loading up these pics I started crying looking all these cute faces and remembering when Cody, Graham & Seby were his age, the house became even more quiet.





As you can see Zane was very excited about going to school today.

Yesterday he said a few funny lines, one was

"I wish it were night time and I was sleeping, and then when I woked up it would be tomorrow"

Zane has been wanting school to start since we came home from the lake - August 6th!

His first day of school was today, the last of the boys to start school this year! He has been waiting ever so patiently. He started to use a notebook a couple weeks before school and practiced writing his friends names. He is very excited about all the new "work" he will have in the classroom. I remember Seby having the same eagerness.



Seby & Graham starting school this past Tuesday 9/4. Graham's first day was leaving on the Odyssey South for two weeks. Seby and Graham were equally excited about getting back to school and their friends! Sebastian is now in his second year of the 9-12 classroom. Graham is in 8th and will graduate from LCS this year. This year the Odyssey takes them to Mississippi for 5 days of marine biology. They camp the travel days to and from there. One of the stops along the way will be Mammoth Caves. Hopefully he will take some pictures that I can share.



Cody has been thrilled with all his new experiences at Minnehaha Academy. He first took a two week drivers ed class at the end of June. He met lots of Juniors and Seniors - which later I may regret, but hopefully not. He turns 15!!! next week and will get his permit then. He had a week of soccer tryouts the week of August 13th and then daily afternoon practice until school started Monday, August 27th. He is really enjoying his classes and keeping up with the homework. He says when he is in Chemistry he starts to fall asleep. He has enjoyed being on the soccer team so much that he is now looking at the winter sports team. Alpine Skiing is looking like his first choice. Then spring sports. Seby & Zane love to watch him play.

We have more pictures to share, but another day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics, Michelle. Zane looks so grown-up and studly in his little poses. Big hugs to everyone from girl land in CA - C&C&c&r

    ReplyDelete
  2. That third picture of Zane has a strong resemblance to Tom Hanks....
    ALL the pictures are GREAT!
    Lots of love to everyone!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many transitions, including a quiet house! Your Mother and I certainly feel how time flies in our life, and I get the feeling from your writing that you're feeling it, too.

    You and Slade have 4 boys I'm sure you're very proud of. If not do it now!

    love, daddy

    PS> My words above remind me of bumper stickers we saw as we drove home from camping:
    1. "Stop telling people what to do!"
    2. "Nothing exists"
    My guess these were on a car from Berkeley...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing exists,
    wow that is one my boys will love.
    zane just asked me to read him a book last night that talked about "the nothing in a seed can a a life force if it has rain and sun"
    we are off to cody's soccer game - it is homecoming today for his school.

    ReplyDelete