Followers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Roses!



See, roses!



This is the second blooming of these roses. The pair near the front door and patio re-bloomed first, now this pair (Meg - they were supposed to go to your Dad).

It is great to watch the front yard come together. We are still missing a few pieces, and it won't be finished for me until the fence is painted (in 4-6 weeks). The plants are all doing really well and the grass had it's first mow. I'm very judgmental on the mowing, but Slade did a good job (thank you sweetie). I am really enjoying the irrigation system. It has saved me so much time not having to water everything. Now I am working on a list for bulbs to plant.



We get comments from most everybody who is walking down the street when we are outside. Some of the folks are quite colorful, and give us these great stories of how they have been watching this transformation. It always is a great opportunity for me to remember why I like living here. I love the diversity of the city.

The weather is changing and our time will be spent more indoors in the coming months, so I have had Erika's help to get some areas of the house organized again. Seby and Zane have turned the basement into quite the archeological dig while doing this. The laundry remains untouched so life can still go on upstairs. Erika has said she made a few paths the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment