Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

College? Already?

I'm kinda freaking out. Today I made plans to take Cody to look at some schools back East. Tonight was also the Nordic Ski Banquet. I realized tonight that next year Cody would do Nordic Skiing again - but it would be his last year, and when he plays soccer it will be his last year, and in 3 weeks he will start his third year of Track - but next year it will be his last year! See - I told you, I am freaking out!

How can he be old enough to leave us in a year and a half. The really freaky thing is that Graham is just one year behind him!

Look at these two cuties!



Just to prove that my mind goes wherever it wants to - now that I've posted this adorable pic it reminds me that this was the camping trip that I broke down and bought Cody & Graham their first toy gun. Well, what I really mean is that it was the first toy gun that I purchased for them, they actually had others that were gifts from evil people that came to birthday parties for them. They were this cute silver-ish pair of shiny retro guns. It just looked so fitting with their adorable jean overalls. Of course a few months later the guns mysteriously disappeared! I know, bad mommy.

College. I just can't believe we are there yet. Luckily Cody desires a small liberal arts college - I don't know why I say luckily. Well, maybe because it feels like the right kind of fit for him.

I do feel that by the time Cody is really packing up and heading out the door he really will be ready, and I can already see that Graham will be ready too when it is his time. Seby and Zane - just don't start me on that!

I'm also turning 45 in a couple weeks maybe that is what is really freaking me out!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You have NO idea how long we've waited to read an update to your blog. "Yellow Belt" was forever coming up when I'd go to your site. It has been since NOVEMBER! A long time to wait!!!! Obviously you are kept busy with the boys, but it is SO nice to read an update! Thanks! Good luck with Cody's checking out schools, and yes, Graham will be out the door right after him. Does make one wonder how time can go so swiftly...
    However, you really can look forward to their "growing up" - just like you. Watching you as a wife and mother has given Dad and I such an appreciation for your maturing into such a fantastic mom of fantastic boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA - not strictly Liberal Arts tho.

    Lafayette College is nearby in Easton, PA An easy train ride to NYC, too. Highly rated college www.Lafayette.edu

    Of course Oberlin in Ohio,

    love, daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Michelle. Yup, I know what you're going through. It gets harder before it gets easier. The key is to breathe and smile, even if both are sometimes a bit forced. Oh, and celebrate (that's what I'm told, anyhow.).

    ReplyDelete