Followers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Did I mention Cody was at MCAD for two weeks?

First -- Aunt Kathy, who loves you baby!?

Cody did a two week course on Game Design at MCAD (Minneapolis College of Art & Design). He loved it! Besides enjoying all the many hours of work to do game design, he really enjoyed meeting kids his own age (a gaming program he did last summer at Macalester College in St Paul had many younger kids).



I think his favorite thing was to experience what it might be like to live in a dorm, take classes during the day, and stay up as late as he could working on assignments. He stayed in the dorm on the left in the top right unit. I think he had two roommates.





In his first week he requested snacks that would help him stay up late. Sebastian & I brought him chocolate covered espresso beans, instant starbuck's coffee (it is pretty good), and PEANUTS. Yes, I purchased items with peanuts. Cody loves them and when he isn't around his brothers I encourage him to eat them. That is also why when Clip Clop & Papa took him out to dinner one night they took him to thai - food he loves but we never go as a family because of the peanuts. So, he had lots of peanut-related snacks!



Cody said that during the session they all noticed this large display in the lobby of the MCAD gallery (their classes were upstairs). The artist came daily and added to it.

Like I said I think Cody really enjoyed meeting some kids his own age. Here are many pics from his week there. I can't explain them all 'cause I kinda stole them off FB from some of his friends. They are pretty self explanatory.








The last pic is of a friend who lives outside of the Wisconsin Dells - the other day when he and Graham drove down to Chicago they were able to meet with her at a McD's and hang out for a while. Luckily they made it to the Gilbert's while it was still light.

1 comment: