Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The days are whizzing by.....

We cancelled our trip to California - I can't even begin to go into it. The thing I'm most annoyed about is realizing how difficult the hiking would of been for me. I tend to ignore my MS symptoms. There are really too many of them and it is quite a downer to focus on it - so my strategy has been to not even think about them.

Slade brought up this point with me recently and I really had to admit that there are more symptoms going on and I should maybe consult a doctor about it. I stopped going to my Neurologist after I took myself off the meds a year and a half ago. I really meant to find another doc - I just haven't even really tried.

So now I'm on the look for an alternative doc who works with MS, should be interesting to see what I turn up.

Because Slade was set to take some time off we took some of the time and went up the lake house. It was really wonderful to be just us there. Watching the boys interact was lovely. With friends and family up they tend not to connect as much. Seby thinks that Cody is a God and he had many days of being attached to his hip. Cody took him ATVing and shot the bow & arrow with him. Seby was loving it.

We played poker almost every night and this year Zane has started to play! He finally agreed to play a hand! Cody spent quite a long time going over the many, many rules of poker. It was amazing to watch Zane listen and figure it out. He got pretty bored with our Texas Hold-Em Tournament the last night - but he did finally pick it up!









Seby & Zane caught a big fish, but it got away -- really!

Here is the video so Seby can explain it.



And here is really the best pic I could get of the thing - see it in the top right corner, part of it, kind of?

No comments:

Post a Comment