Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A friend from the past and lost

A friend from long ago has past away. She had a heart attack and died. The sweetness of it is that she was a woman who lived every single day, truly, lovely, llved. At least when I knew her, oh so many years ago. My friend who told me about it said, "I'll always remember her cackle." And the flood of memories of hearing that cackle were quite amazing. So, Patti - tonight, I salute you and all that you were, and I honor all the many friends we had in common oh so many years ago.

I have to remember the first time I interviewed at Jack Morton - I took a typing test in the room that I think was the room that Dough & Patti wrote in. I took the typing test and Patti took the test when I was finished and brought it to whoever I was being interviewed by (Gil?), ripped it in a few pieces and said "She did great." Well, regardless I got the job and I always thought you were just so amazing. Down to earth, yet on the cutting edge. Quite the combo.

I know a lot of people are talking and thinking of you tonight in Chicago. I join their thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, especially when it was so sudden and unexpected. No doubt she was also young, and that only adds to the sense of loss.

    My heart goes out to you and to Patti's family.

    mom

    ReplyDelete