Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

gone too soon

Naomi Uri is kickin' some ass somewhere, or quietly playing bridge.

She left us the other night after a long battle with breast cancer. She and her partner, Janet, have shown many how to fight, live, love, and maintain true to yourself, during this battle. Janet's words to announce that Naomi passed started with "the first day of a new life" How true, now it begins, this new way for Janet and their two girls.

This brings up old feelings and memories of Karen, a friend who lost her fight a little over two years ago. It also hits close to home as my Dad has been given a second helping of cancer on his plate. I really don't want to think about it.

But, the sun is shining high in the sky and I can feel the change of the season is upon us. It can take a few months for the season to change, but yesterday and today you can start to see it out there. Nothing better to celebrate life than with the birth of spring. Maybe it is time to start some seedlings?

7 comments:

  1. Reading Naomi Uri's blog was such a heart-rendering experience. My heart goes out to Janet and the girls. Reading the blog made me feel as though I knew them and loved them.

    I remember Karen, and what an impact she made on your life (and on ours, too).

    Having people like Karen and Uri pass through our lives is part of the richness that makes living so precious.

    None of knows how many days or years we have allotted to us; that's why your ending paragraph made so much sense. Every day is a new beginning - each day is another gift, and it is how we use each day that makes our lives rich.

    You have learned this lesson so early and so well.

    You make me so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, M. Love, C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Michelle, I'm so very very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to think about my new cancer, dear Michelle, I don't.

    All any of us have is today, every day. And any one of us could be gone the next.

    So I eat healthy, exercise including a bit of Yoga, am really pleased my diet is helping me I'm lose weight, follow doctor's directions and treatment, and am very grateful I am exactly where I am.

    Your Mother and I agree that we are both happier now than ever before. I, for one, feel I'm the luckiest man on earth.

    love, daddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete