Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday!

I'm all a twitter for this big day. I know it might not tell us what direction the democratic party will take, but I'm hopeful that it might! Slade and I are actually in New York today, but I faxed in our requests for our Minnesota caucus. It would of been fun to be there to see just what a caucus is all about. It is very different than a primary. I'm wearing my Obama pin and have been making my calls to get folks out to vote. Kind of cool, I was able to make calls in MN for our local folks to go to the caucus, and then today I've been making calls to get NY voters to go out to their primary. The Obama website has a phone bank system that you can do all online and from your home (or hotel in my case).

On another note, I heard back from the group Cody and I hoped to do some volunteer work with during his spring break. They are all booked up with large groups and don't have room for us. We will see if I can figure something out.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Del, making calls for Obama!

    Sorry that NO fell through.

    I hope you're feeling well.

    love, daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying New Orleans fell through - I'll find something! I'm feeling great, thanks. I hope that YOU are feeling well! I think you are back in El Centro now, so that must be good for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I voted too! The Democratic party has reserved 22 delegates for ex-pats, put a website together and made it possible for ex-pats to vote via the internet. We'll still need to mail in a vote for November, but this is a real first. So, today I voted also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! How awesome that you pulled together for others to take part.

    ReplyDelete