Followers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama !



Ok, I have to move on from the pic of the Missile Dick Chicks - but they are a big reason he won. So many groups of people doing everything they could to elect this man.

I wanted to post that sexy picture of him from last Wednesday, on the cover of The New York Times - in the black leather jacket in the pouring rain. Too sexy - who wouldn't want to vote for a sexy President? But I obviously couldn't find it.

It is 1am here in Minneapolis and I would have to say that the noise from the city is finally died down. That was a couple hours of excitement about our President-Elect! Did this happen in all cities? I sat up on the roof top deck and just listened, it was a little surreal as our weather here is oddly warm, cheers, honking horns, fire works, such excitement.

4 comments:

  1. A pretty amazing night. Fortunately, your Mother spent the day working in a polling place (the only Democrat). Had she been home she would have developed an ulcer. I TiVo recordered MSNBC and she was able to see the runup from Obama at 207 to his declaration as the President-Elect, MsCain's speech, Obama's speech, and even the amazing John Lewis' interviews.

    As someone noted, the Civil War is finally over.

    love, daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy, It does have the feel of a "new day" - but go and read Chrissy's blog and see what more work that needs to be done - kind of like Obama was saying. And our Senate race too close to call - living where my senator is not who I picked might require some local work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pictures, and I love you for all the work you have done for your beliefs and concerns.

    We will not give up on Prop 8 - there are some things in the works that may change things around here. It is a sad mark on California that we were unable to defeat Prop 8. I think it was fear, spread by the "Yes on 8" right wing religious who are afraid that somehow a NO on 8 would affect their children and their lives. So sad.

    Don't give up. We know we can! Yes we will! We must!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. pity you couldn't find the sexy pic. but that's my fav version of that poster. wish i had an original. love it. love, c

    ReplyDelete