Followers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Olive goes to California!



Look at these two cute boys. This is heading out to take Olive on her first walk. Well, it really turned into a run. And many of you may be surprised, but I ran too. And it was fun. And it didn't wind me. In truth this is one of the reasons I wanted a dog - to get my butt out the door and moving my body. About 3/4 of the way into our walk/run we saw Kim & Pete (our next door neighbors) they were heading out from the alley in their car. We stopped them and introduced Olive. They were thrilled that we will have a nice sized dog in our yard soon. The two of us are very into our neighborhood security - another reason I wanted a dog.



Another treat with having a puppy is catching the early sunrise! This was 5 something am. There was this amazing pink color coming in thru the curtains I couldn't believe it. When I brought Olive outside with me I thought she too was amazed by the color of the sky - but then I remembered that she had never been in the front yard and was really amazed at checking it out. So many smells to smell.



Tonight when we went in the back yard we spied a bunny running away as we approached the lawn. Too funny to me that now that we live in the city we have these beautiful fluffy bunnies that run around. When we lived in Prairie Crossing (out in the country outside of Chicago) we had the ugliest country bunnies that ran about. Here they are cute and fluffy and looking like pets that escaped.

Well I have decided that we have to take Olive with us on our trip to California next week for Thanksgiving. We were going to leave her here and have Erika stay with her and Mariana come and visit with her a couple times during the day. It all seemed not right to me and I decided this morning to call and book her a ticket. So, she will come with us. I went to a pet store today and bought her a little travel bag - something soon she will not be able to fit in. Luckily she is loving it. She slept in it most of the afternoon. The best part is when I told Zane we were taking her with us he said "you are the best mom ever for that." I had no idea it would earn me that many points. So, she will go meet the California and Mexico cousins. Hopefully we won't be trading any germs with each other.

1 comment:

  1. And we can't wait to see each of you - dog included!
    The first photo of Zane and Olive is precious!
    We hope all goes well for your flight and we are so anxious to see everyone!

    love,
    clipclop

    ReplyDelete